1. Any organization that is exempt from Federal income tax under Section 501 of the Internal Revenue Code or is exempt from taxation of income under Section 43-1201, Arizona Revised Statutes, as amended, to the extent of its nontaxable activities.
2. Any person who deals exclusively in secondhand books, magazines, handbills or posters.
3. Any person who deals exclusively in gold or silver bullion coins, and/or gold, silver, platinum, rhodium or palladium bullion that has been assayed and is properly marked as to its weight and fineness.
4. Any pawnbroker who is engaged in a pawn transaction.
5. Any person who deals exclusively in titled vehicles or titled property, the transfer of title to which is required by the laws of the State to be evidenced by written instrument and recorded in an appropriate government office.
6. Trade-ins of property the transfer of title to which is required by the laws of the State to be evidenced by written instrument and recorded in an appropriate government office.
7. The Federal government, this State, and any political subdivision of this State.
8. The operator of any self-service storage facility foreclosing its lien pursuant to Section 33-1704, Arizona Revised Statutes, as amended. For purposes of this section, the terms operator and self-service storage facility shall have the meanings prescribed in Section 33-1701, Arizona Revised Statutes, as amended.
B. A person who lawfully operates a mercantile business pursuant to this chapter and who possesses a valid license for such business is not required to obtain a separate license under this chapter to be a swap meet participant at a swap meet lot as defined in Section 10-33; provided, that the swap meet participant prominently displays a clearly legible facsimile of its mercantile business license at the swap meet.
C. A person who provides the services of an auctioneer while employed at an auction house licensed pursuant to this chapter and in the conduct of business of the auction house is not required to possess an auctioneer’s license.
D. A manufacturer of any personal wireless communication device or provider of commercial mobile service, as defined in 47 U.S.C. § 332(d), that offers in-store credit only for the return of device or any authorized agents that are legally permitted to access customer account information and have a contractual relationship with the manufacturer or provider to sell their authorized products and services and implement the same return policy. (Ord. No. G-5619, 2011; Ord. No. G-6307, 2017)