A. A person must comply with the management plan when applying water delivered by the City to water landscaping plants.
B. A person may not apply water delivered by the City to a new turf-related facility unless one of the following apply:
1. The water to be applied is exclusively non-potable water or untreated water delivered by the City.
2. The new turf-related facility is located in an area for which the cost of providing a non-potable or untreated water supply would be prohibitively high to the City or the person, as determined by the Director. For purposes of this section,prohibitively high means the per acre-foot 20-year amortized capital and operation and maintenance cost of providing non-potable or untreated water service to the new turf-related facility would exceed the estimated cost of the most expensive future water resource alternative identified in the City’s long-range water resources plan. The Director will make this determination based in part on the distance and cost of extending existing and planned reclaimed water mains and other non-potable water delivery systems to the new turf-related facility.
C. A person may not apply non-potable water to a new turf-related facility if it would result in significant adverse impacts to groundwater quality in the area around the new turf-related facility.
D. A person must comply with any other reasonable water conservation and non-potable water use requirements imposed by the Director when applying water delivered by the City to a new turf-related facility.
E. A developer of a new turf-related facility must design and construct the water system to the new turf-related facility to allow for future conversion to non-potable or untreated water supplies, if the initial supply is not non-potable or untreated water, unless the Director determines that the new turf-related facility is in an area in which the cost of providing a non-potable or untreated water supply within the projected life of the turf facility would be prohibitively high to the developer or the City.
F. The requirements of this section do not apply to any of the following:
1. An existing turf-related facility.
2. A new turf-related facility located on shareholder lands of the association.
3. A new turf-related facility that is owned or operated by a party, successor or designee who has agreed to be bound by the provisions of an agreement entered into with the City before September 30, 1994, requiring the use of reclaimed water and covering the conditions of reclaimed water service.
G. The City may limit water deliveries to a new turf-related facility pursuant to a drought management response procedure, as prescribed in Article X of this chapter. (Ord. No. G-6741, § 2 (Exh. A), 2020)