Skip to main content
This section is included in your selections.

A. All City service charges are due and payable when billed. The customer must pay all amounts by the due date printed on the City services bill. If the total amount owed is not fully paid to the Department by the monthly bill’s published due date, the Department will assess a late fee of three percent per month on the delinquent amount. The next month’s bill will indicate the amount past due, all late fees, and the current balance due. The Department will assess a late fee each month on any delinquent amount, including unpaid late fees. If water service to a single-family residence is suspended as prescribed in subsection B of this section, the Department will not assess additional late fees to the customer as of the date of the suspension of water service, except that the customer must pay late fees already assessed as of that date, along with any other amounts due, to restore water service pursuant to subsection B of this section.

B. The Department will suspend water service if the customer’s account is delinquent for non-payment. The Department will send to the customer a notice of non-payment informing the customer of the amount that needs to be paid and the date on which payment must be received to avoid suspension of water services. The Department will send the notice by mail or electronically if the customer has previously elected to receive bills electronically. The Department will provide no further notice. The customer must pay all amounts due and owing, including the turn-off fee and any assessed late fees, before the Department will restore water service.

C. The Department will not suspend water service for delinquent accounts on a Friday, Saturday, Sunday, City-observed holiday, or the day before a City-observed holiday.

D. If an account holder disputes the accuracy of the bill, the account holder may present objections by following the procedures prescribed in Section 37-95.

E. An unpaid account balance may be transferred to another water service account with the same account holder.

F. The Department will send all delinquent accounts to a collection agency. (Ord. No. G-6741, § 2 (Exh. A), 2020)