Any person engaged in street vending shall be subject to the following restrictions or prohibitions:
1. Parking restrictions. No street vendor shall park a vehicle or series of vehicles or set up a stand or any other movable or temporary contrivance on any public street or alley for more than one hour in any eight-hour period at one location. The parking of a vehicle within three hundred feet of the original location is considered one location. No service to the public shall be made from the street side of the vehicle(s) or stand. The vehicle(s) or stand shall not obstruct the movement of pedestrians or other vehicles using the street or alley or public right-of-way.
2. School zone restrictions. No street vendor shall sell any merchandise or articles from any vehicle, stand or any other movable or temporary contrivance on a public street within six hundred feet of any schoolground between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. School governing boards or administrators may make arrangements to provide vending locations on school property.
3. Downtown Vending District prohibited. Street vending within the Downtown Vending District shall be prohibited.
4. Park street prohibitions. Street vending on a street within a public park shall be prohibited.
5. Streets abutting parks. Street vending on a street abutting a public park shall be prohibited within one hundred fifty feet of a lawfully established park concession.
6. City Manager parade agreements. Street vending during parades within the boundaries and times established by a City Manager parade agreement entered into pursuant to authority granted him under Section 2-1400 shall be prohibited unless the person has the express authorization of the contracting organization. (Ord. No. G-1600, § 4; Ord. No. G-3093, § 1; Ord. No. G-3700, § 4; Ord. No. G-3836, §§ 2, 5; Ord. No. G-4620, § 3, 2004; Ord. No. G-4753, § 3, 2005)
Cross reference—Parks and recreation, ch. 24.